Saturday, October 18, 2014

My addiction: League of Legends

It's about time I write again after my hiatus.  I know most of you who read this will think league is old news, but I suppose I lived a sheltered life.  This is my first season of League and I was very reluctant to start playing regularly at first but my friends insisted after I reach level 30 the game gets much better.  And it turns out it really does.  LoL is unlike any game I have ever played before because it puts 5 people (including yourself) on a team to try and destroy an enemy's base (and no I have never played DoTA, though I do enjoy the song by Basshunter).  The teamwork it takes makes for a very interesting game because you not only rely on yourself to make good decisions but you are also dependent on 4 other people.  There are also probably about a hundred champs to choose from so each game will require different decision making based off of who your teammates are and who your enemy chose.

I'm not going to lie, if you are playing league for the first time you are going to hate it because you will die a lot trying to figure out how to get used to the champions and the play style.  Not to mention the higher level players creating low level accounts who will completely destroy your hopes and dreams.  The best advise I can give is stick it out if you are new, get to level 30 and you will become experienced and learn how to make better decisions during each game.

When you reach level 30 you can play ranked games which will be way more competitive than when you are playing for fun.  The ranking system goes from bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, (they just recently added Master), and then the final rank which is Challenger.  I was able to reach gold this season which I am happy with knowing that in the future I will only improve.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete