Sunday, June 2, 2013

General Gaming, and why I adore it.

From a young age I remember always being captivated by video games, which I am sure a lot of gamers can relate to.  I started gaming on a Super Nintendo, playing the games such as "Yoshi's Island" and "Mario Paint" but the game that got me hooked was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time (OoT) on the Nintendo 64.  I was five years old when this game was released so I did have a short attention span and at first all I did was run around and kill things.  It wasn't until two years after that I really sat down and played both OoT and Majora's mask from beginning to end.  After that, it was game on.  When Warcraft III came out in 2002 my mom bought it and I had installed it on my computer as well to play it for myself.  I'm going to be honest, I really didn't think Warcraft III was all that great but I did assume that it was because I had never played the previous ones before it.  However, when World of Warcraft (WoW) was released in 2004 my mother jumped on it, I assume I acquired my love of video games partially from her.  To my excitement, she set up an account for me as well so we could play together.  WoW was my first Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG); I was twelve years old and couldn't have been happier.  I will admit that I wasn't that serious about getting to the level cap, which was level 60 at the time, because I was also focused on schooling and keeping my grades up.  Most of you probably know how hard it can be to want to be a full time gamer but knowing that you have other responsibilities to keep up with at the same time.  Gaming can result in late nights and neglecting things that might be more important but if you can balance both a game and homework, you can achieve a lot and feel better about your time spent.  WoW did make up most of my day if I was not at school or at soccer practice and my addiction carried on until I was 16 and started caring more about socializing in the real world, rather than the virtual one I had grown to love.  I did not quit gaming completely but I did try to play more of the games that my friends played such as Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2, Bioshock, and Battlefield Bad: Company 2 and it turns out that I also love First Person Shooters (FPS).

So, all in all, I realized that I love almost every kind of video game and I thought it would be a good idea to blog to give other game-lovers my own tips and tricks to the games I have grown to love, and for the new games that I will try.

I hope you enjoyed the introduction to my blog, feel free to comment and critique or continue to read in the future.  Also, check out my poll on the sidebar to give me an idea of what you, the reader, would want me to cover first.  Happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment